Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Americas, Inc.
Chief – Data and Application Services
There’s a New Energy on Board! Our company MHI RJ Aviation Group (MHIRJ) provides comprehensive critical operational, engineering and customer support solutions including maintenance, refurbishment, technical publications, marketing, and sales activities for the global regional aircraft industry. Headquartered in Boisbriand, Quebec, and bolstered by an Aerospace Engineering Center, MHIRJ’s network of service centers, support offices and parts depots are positioned in important aviation hubs in the U.S., Canada, and Germany. A wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd, MHI RJ Aviation Group includes MHI RJ Aviation ULC (Canada), MHI RJ Aviation Inc. (U.S.A.) and MHI RJ Aviation GmbH (Germany).
The Data and Application Services team is responsible for managing aircraft reliability data, business intelligences systems, technical publication system and related infrastructure.
In this role you will lead the team to ensure technical publications are delivered to customers through custom build applications and middleware. Additionally, you will lead the architecture, development, and deployment of new and updated tools. These tools leverage existing data in the business to provide value to internal and external stakeholders.
Your tasks will include:
- Lead the Data and Applications Services team, keep them motivated and promote team spirit.
- Lead the creation of new tools and applications built on the cloud using Python, React, and Azure.
- Lead the existing tool deployment in-house, on the cloud, and customer installations.
- Provide input on cloud architecture for software deployment and authentication
- Ensure Collaboration and coordination amongst business and technical team members to design, implement and test smart repeatable solutions
- Be excited to learn and introduce the team to new technologies that improve performance, allow new features, or improve our processes
The skills you bring:
- You hold a University degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology with five years experience in the Software Development Industry.
- You have experience with Azure Cloud, Azure DevOps, Azure App Services and other Azure tools and infrastructure
- Have expertise in artificial intelligence.
- Have knowledge of databases and SQL language (MS SQL Server, Oracle)
- Familiarity with Apache Solr and Tomcat are assets
- Have knowledge of Command line Unix/Linux and PowerShell environments
- You are familiar with MS Office 365 suite (particularly Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Experience with project management is an asset
- You have strong analytical skills, organizational, time-management, and communication skills
- The position is based in our Mississauga, Ontario facility
- We offer a flexible work from home program