Full Job Description
Position: Systems Administrator
Department: IT Operations
Location: Wichita, KS
Status: FT Salary
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Secondary point of contact for all end-user technical problems within the organization.
- Setup, install, configure, and perform upgrades of internal hardware and/or software resources as directed.
- Troubleshoot users’ computer problems and general network problems.
- Perform systems and network functions (moves, add, changes) for users, passwords, email, and other IT resources.
- Able to guide users in a variety of tasks, such as remote connectivity, assistance with office productivity software and email.
- Perform system maintenance according to IT policy and procedures.
- Fulfillment of special systems and network projects tasks and programs as Directed by the IT Director.
- Prioritize day-to-day requests and ensure high priority items are addressed in a timely manner
- Responsible for contributing to the design and implementation of the technical aspects of the organization’s technology plans and policies, and keeping all information/communications systems operational.
- Responsible for technical administration of all Desktop, Laptop and Printing resources, including but not limited to:
- Setup, configuration, troubleshoot, monitoring, maintenance and repair
- Serve as backup for technical administration of all Local Area Network (LAN) tasks including but not limited to:
- Setup, configuration, monitoring and maintenance of infrastructure and wireless hardware.
- Configuration, testing and repair of network security problems
- Responsible for technical administration of all Systems and Servers tasks including but not limited to:
- Setup, configuration, monitoring and maintenance of server hardware and enterprise applications
- Has ability to triage and solve many user problems, system problems, and network errors independently.
- Capacity planning and testing of system needs (Makes recommendations to IT Manager)
- Ensures that all documentation files, configuration items and system parameters are maintained and up-to-date.
- Implements and monitors security policies, assigning functional groupings for privileges, setting up users and passwords.
- Act as the “helpdesk”/triage person to document system errors or defects.
- Maintain problem logs and serve as primary contact to desktop, laptop, and printing vendors.
- Researches and recommends to IT Director the procurement of new hardware and software, including emerging technologies that can optimize the organization’s operations, improve productivity, and maintain regulatory compliance.
- Implements, monitors, and ensures that IT policies are enforced. Monitors regulatory compliance as they apply to the organization and reports findings to IT Director.
- Monitors changes in user behavior and business needs making recommendations to the IT Director for changes as appropriate.
- Maintains contact with IT suppliers and maintains knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices and terms of agreements to minimize the investment required to meet service levels. Evaluates alternatives, performs appropriate cost benefit analysis, and recommends solutions that minimize costs commensurate with acceptable risks with IT Director (et al) oversight.
- Regularly report to IT Director on IT issues
Other Duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Employee is responsible for understanding and following the applicable laws and regulations for their job responsibilities including but not limited to Equity Bank Business Ethic and Conduct policy, Bank Secrecy Act, Information security, and Suspicious Activity reporting requirements.
Required Skills & Education
[modify as applicable]
[modify as applicable]
- High School diploma required.
- 1-3 years of technology experience in banking preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional manner
- Computer skills, especially the ability to work in Windows based systems
- Must be comfortable acting as liaison between end user and 3rd party software vendors.
- Experience with VMware, Veeam, Citrix, SCCM, Cisco UCS, Office365 is helpful.
The above statements are intended to generally describe the nature and level of work to be performed by most people assigned to this job. It is not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.
This position requires standing, walking, bending, and squatting on a regular basis. May require the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or reach with hands and arms. Requires the ability to carry, lift, move or push up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis. Must be able to talk and listen to others.
This position regularly works in an office setting. Most of the job duties require the employee to be working with computers and electronic media on a regular basis.
Equity Bank is an equal opportunity employer and will not make employment decisions based on an applicant’s race or skin color, national origin or ethnicity, religious beliefs, age, sex, physical or mental ability.