Government of Canada
$88,863 – $110,182 a year
Full Job Description
$88,863 to $110,182
Closing date: 20 May 2022 – 23:59, Pacific Time
Who can apply: Persons residing in Canada, and Canadian citizens and Permanent residents abroad.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Are you ready to build your leadership and technical I.T skills further? Create a positive and proactive environment where, I.T/Cyber Security awareness and responsibility is integrated into all behaviours and actions. Come challenge yourself, discover the possibilities and start your career with us today.
We are recruiting dynamic and agile candidates who have a passion for I.T/Cyber Security. Those eager to provide a work culture that supports growth and development, organizational citizenship, and inclusive leadership. We are seeking candidates for I.T/Cyber Security positions throughout Canada. Virtual work may be available for some positions.
Statistics Canada is dedicated to an inclusive work environment where employees are treated equitably and reflect the Canadian population we serve. We are a competent, engaged, and productive workforce. We embrace new ways of working and encourage a diversity of talent to help fulfill Statistics Canada’s mandate to the highest standards.
Intent of the process
The intent of this process is to establish a pool of qualified or partially qualified candidates, which could be used to staff similar positions with different language profiles, security profiles and with different duration of employment at Statistics Canada or in other federal organisations listed in Schedules I, IV and V of the Financial Administration Act.
Our immediate needs is to staff 9 positions within the Cyber Security division.
Positions to be filled: 9
Information you must provide
Contact information for 3 references.
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Graduation from a two-year program of study from a recognized post-secondary institution with acceptable specialization in computer science, information technology, information management or another specialty relevant to the position to be staffed.
1. Indeterminate incumbents in the IT group on December 9, 2021 who do not possess the education prescribed above, are deemed to meet the minimum education standard based on their education, training and/or experience. They must be accepted as having met the minimum education standard whenever this standard is called for when staffing positions in the IT group.
2. Indeterminate incumbents of positions in the CS group on May 10, 1999, who do not possess the education prescribed above, are deemed to meet the minimum education standard based on their education, training and/or experience. They must be accepted as having met the minimum education standard whenever this standard is called for when staffing positions in the IT group.
3. At the manager’s discretion, an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience may serve as an alternative to the minimum education stated above. Whenever the minimum education is met using this alternative, it is met for the specific position only and must be re-assessed for other positions for which this alternative has been specified by the manager.
BOTH STREAMS :
Exp1: Significant** experience in providing IT advice and guidance to management or clients
Exp2: Significant** and recent* experience developing or implementing IT solutions
Exp3: Experience writing IT documentation such as architectural overviews, standards, policies, procedures, project documentation, detail designs, directions or guidelines.
- Recent is defined as experience gained within the last five (5) years.
**Significant is defined the depth and breadth of experience gained over a minimum period of 2 years
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Bilingual – Imperative (CBC/CBC)
Information on language requirements
Second Language Writing Skills Self-Assessment
In order to help you decide if you should apply to a bilingual position, an optional self-assessment of your writing skills in your second official language is available for you to take before completing your application.
For more information, please consult:
Unsupervised Internet Test of Second Language Writing Skills
Exp4: Recent* experience leading IT teams, projects or initiatives.
- Recent is defined as experience gained within the last five (5) years.
K1: Knowledge of Cloud Solutions.
K2: Knowledge of current trends or best practices that affect the management and delivery of Cybersecurity.
A1: Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
A2: Ability to communicate effectively orally.
A3: Ability to analyze IT security issues and make recommendations.
A4: Ability to manage IT security projects.
A5: Ability to summarize complex subject matter.
PS2: Effective Interpersonal relationships
PS6: Client focus
PS7: Creative Thinking
PS8: Strategic Direction
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
OCCUPATIONAL CERTIFICATION (ASSET)
OC1: Completion of CSE IT Security courses
OC2: Relevant IT certification, including but not limited to:
o CSE IT Security certifications;
o SANS / GIAC certifications;
o Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP);
o Certified Information Security Manager (CISM);
o Certified Information Systems Auditor Designation (CISA);
o Information Technology infrastructure Library (ITIL);
o Project Management Professional (PMP)
o Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
OC3: Completion of Microsoft Azure Cloud courses and/or associated Microsoft Azure certifications:
o Microsoft Azure Security Engineer Associate (AZ-500);
o Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ-900.
AEXP1: Experience performing SA&A (Security Assessment and Accreditation) of services, solutions, projects and contracts
AEXP2: Experience supervising or managing employees or contractors.
AEXP3: Experience guiding the implementation of the results from Threat and Risk Assessments (TRA) or Security Assessment and Authorization (SAA).
AEXP4: Experience conducting security awareness training for employees.
AEXP5: Experience in IT Security creative marketing and communications.
AEXP6: Experience designing, implementing, configuring and administering Network Security IT infrastructure in a complex enterprise environment.
AEXP7: Experience working with multi-vendor network security IT infrastructure.
AEXP8: Experience in IT project management
AEXP9: Experience of providing extended hours on-call support.
AEXP10: Experience in software coding, complex scripting or maintenance of IT applications
AEXP11: Experience planning, designing, building and deploying Cloud base security solutions. (i.e., gathering and analyzing business requirements, and translating them into technical requirements; contributing to the development of high-level and detailed designs)
AEXP12: Experience in liaising with internal and/or external stakeholders to achieve business outcomes.
AEXP13: Experience investigating IT security incidents, recommending proactive measures and implementing corrective action.
AEXP14: Experience in IT Security Operations (i.e. administering IT Security systems such as anti-virus, PKI; vulnerability management; risk management or forensics)
AEXP15: Experience as a security analyst within a Security Operation Center (SOC).
AEXP16: Experience providing advice to technical groups on best practices for Cloud computing.
AK1: Knowledge of IT Security Risk Management.
AOP1: Willingness and ability to work overtime on short notice.
AOP2: Ability and willingness to travel
AOP3: Ability and willingness to work 24/7 On-call status
AOP4: Ability and willingness to do shift work
AOP5: Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
AOP6: Ability and willingness to work on site in restricted area.
Conditions of employment
Secret security clearance – Some positions may require reliability or confidential security status.
COVID 19 VACCINATION POLICY
All employees of the core public administration are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground for discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
- Your application MAY be used to assess your written communication competency.
- A written examination and/or an interview may be administered.
- Reference checks will be sought.
- You will need to provide a copy of your proof of education.
- You must present your proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent residence.
- Asset qualifications may be applied at any phase of the process.
- Candidates may be expected to meet, in whole or in part, the criteria related to the assets, operational requirements and organizational needs, depending on the position to be staffed.
- Volume Management strategies may be used.
- Email correspondence will be used as the main method of communication with candidates for this selection process. Please note that you need to provide valid contact information and to update it, if required.
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posted Just posted