Full Job Description
Essential Job Functions
- Leads cybersecurity investigations within the Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT).
- Document and present investigation findings.
- Work with internal and external partners, including law enforcement, to conduct investigations,
- Follow applicable local, Federal, and State guidance, regulations, and laws in conducting investigations.
- Develops technical and programmatic assessments, evaluates engineering and integration initiatives and provides technical support to assess security policies, standards and guidelines. Implements, enforces and communicates security policies and/or plans for data, software applications, hardware and telecommunications.
- Performs product evaluations, recommends and implements products/services for network security. Validates and tests security architecture and design solutions to produce detailed engineering specifications with recommended vendor technologies.
- Analyzes outputs and logs from firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus systems and software deployment tools.
- Reviews and recommends the installation, modification or replacement of hardware or software components and any configuration change(s) that affects security.
- Provides enforcement of security directives, orders, standards, plans and procedures at server sites.
- Maintains data and communicates to management the impact on business/customer caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity, computer science, or related field preferred
- Six or more years of experience in network, host, data and/or application security in multiple operating system environments
- Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access-lists
- Experience working with internet, web, application and network security techniques
- Experience working with relevant operating system security (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.)
- Experience working with leading firewall, network scanning and intrusion detection products and authentication technologies
- Experience working with federal regulations related to information security (FISMA, Computer security Act, HIPAA, etc.)
- Experience working with NIST Special Publications and C & A process methodology
- Possess security certifications (CISSP, CCNA, etc).
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve network/operating system security issues
- Ability to perform and interpret vulnerability assessments
- Ability to administer the operations of a security infrastructure
- Ability to balance and prioritize work
- Office environment
- May require shift work
- May require weekend work
Posted Just posted