Full Job Description
Vendor Specific Skills
- Provide expert level support, using technical and analytical skills, facilitate new installations, implementations, maintenance, education, and author documentation in support of the environment.
- Business and technical communication skills are important for interfacing with team, both at the engineer and management level. Working in a close-knit team environment, as well as organizational ability for multi-tasking and flexibility
- Occasional travel to customer sites in the US is required as needed.
- Ensures management of expectations and resolution of technical issues in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting skills on all supported technologies and technical knowledge in industry standard based technologies
- 5-8 years of relevant TCP/IP networking and Internet Security technology experience.
- Experience with firewall, proxy and VPN products in infrastructure and cloud.
- Strong Linux/Unix and Windows knowledge.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting VPN technologies.
- Experience with TCP/IP and common TCP/UDP protocols at the packet level. Network experience with Windows, UNIX and/or LINUX based Operating Systems.
- Working knowledge of DNS, DHCP , VRRP/HSRP, VoIP (H.323, SIP, MGCP) and working knowledge of routing protocols such as OSPF & BGP.
- Experience providing support and resolving issues
Vendor Specific Skills
- Experience with Check Point Firewalls
- Experience with Pulse Secure VPN
- Experience with Zscaler ZPA
- Experience with proxy solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Six or more years of experience in network, host, data and/or application security in multiple operating system environments
- Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access-lists
- Experience working with internet, web, application and network security techniques
- Experience working with relevant operating system security (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.)
- Experience working with leading firewall, network scanning and intrusion detection products and authentication technologies
- Experience working with federal regulations related to information security (FISMA, Computer security Act, etc.)
- Experience working with NIST Special Publications and C & A process methodology
- Possess security certifications (CISSP, CCNA, etc) and/or top secret security clearance
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve network/operating system security issues
- Ability to perform and interpret vulnerability assessments
- Ability to administer the operations of a security infrastructure
- Ability to balance and prioritize work
- Office environment
- All USA locations will be considered including remote.
Posted Just posted