Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
About the role:
The Security Systems Specialist reports to the Manager of Technology Solutions and works with high-performing teams to contribute to a best-in-class physical security program that consists of IT, Information Security and physical security systems, with the objective of increasing company security adherence, awareness, creating safe working environments, and remaining compliant with applicable regulatory bodies.
The Security Systems Specialist collaborates with a team of security professionals whose mandate is to develop, implement and supervise support services, emergency response, health and safety as well as plan and execute on operational physical security and incident investigation requirements. This includes contributing to effective security risk management programs, intelligence and investigative programs, security technology solutions, supporting the Global Security Operations Centre (GSOC), as well as delivering advice, direction and education.
This position may interact with senior management at the Corporate and Business Group level, peers within Corporate Compliance, Application Services, Information Security, Information Technology, Risk & Governance, Business Continuity, Real Estate and Human Resources in the delivery of physical security, crisis management and emergency response services related to both security and criminal incidents.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with other teams for the consultation, design, and implementation of security hardware and software solutions
- Oversee operational processes including our physical access control and video management systems, access coordination, vendor performance management, budget management, invoice validation and responding to audit requests
- Perform access card provisioning functions such as creation, modification and deletion of user’s system access using provided tools (e.g. CCURE 9000 and ServiceNow) and in accordance to set procedures
- Generate and implement continuous improvements for the security program, processes and systems
- Create, update, and implement knowledge documents and work instructions, focusing on content verification and accuracy
What you need to succeed?
- Degree or diploma in computer sciences, information security, information technology or related experience in security management and a passion for lifelong learning
- 2-3 years of experience within information technology, information security, corporate security, or risk department
- 1-2 years working experience with all stages of systems development, integration, and implementation efforts, including requirements elicitation, architecture, integrations, testing, training, support, and maintenance
- Ability to analyze and present data using a variety of tools and techniques in the areas of business analysis and business intelligence principles to create executive dashboards and reports
- Results-oriented with a proven record of delivering to deadlines, able to multi-task and prioritize a wide range of tasks, while understanding the big picture and inter-dependencies across processes and systems
- Experience with physical access control systems such as CCURE 9000, intrusion detection and video management systems considered an asset
- Professional designation preferred in security management: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Associate Protection Professional (APP), Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or Physical Security Professional (PSP)
- Demonstrated sensitivity to issues of ethics, diversity, equity and harassment in the workplace
- Strong written and verbal communication, organization, strategic thinking, and planning skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of tools
What’s in it for you:
- An environment of continuous learning and improvement
- A friendly, collaborative, and inclusive culture
- Work-life balance by scheduling your day around your priorities
- The opportunity to move along a variety of career paths with amazing networking potential
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
Sun Life is committed to the health and safety of all those in our workplaces and our communities. In accordance with Sun Life’s Vaccination Policy (Canada):
Employees permitted to work remotely are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to attend a Sun Life office, Financial Centre or offsite location where activity related to Sun Life business occurs.
Employees whose job duties require them to attend a Sun Life office, Financial Centre or offsite location for Sun Life business must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 effective May 1st.
Employees whose regular workplace is a Financial Centre and SLFD field leaders must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or participate in Sun Life’s Rapid Screening Program to attend a Financial Centre or an offsite event.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
56,300/56 300 – 92,900/92 900
IT – Technology Services
Posting End Date: