Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $61.2K – $77.4K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Seattle, WA.
Full Job Description
KING 5 Media Group is looking for a News Operations Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, loves news and working on production of a high quality product for all platforms. This position will help produce content for KING 5 through their production and technical expertise and ability to help coordinate live and other elements for newscasts and locally produced shows.
The successful candidate is intuitive, self-starting, has a high degree of attention to detail and is a quick problem solver, with solid news judgment and collaborates well with others. Qualified candidates will have experience in coordination and proper technical execution of daily live remotes, in operation of cameras and audio equipment for show production, and in the operation of microwave and satellite transmission/reception equipment and vehicles. They will have the ability to work a flexible schedule and in varied environments in the field. The person we hire must want to be part of a team that is focused on the audience in everything they do.
- Acts an ENG coordinator, including planning and implementation of daily remote broadcasts, microwave reception, ingest and processing of news video feeds and satellite uplinks and reception.
- Operates various camera equipment as needed (including jib and steadi-cam) for show production; assists with show production including audio mixing and lighting.
- Operates and consistently demonstrates in-depth knowledge of remote broadcast equipment, including all ENG and SNG vehicles, always maintaining the highest quality news product possible
- Work with all newsroom and other departments on content coverage and distribution
- This position will include early morning, evening or weekend work.
- At least three years’ experience working as a news engineer or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources with an ability to work well with varied personalities within deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
- Valid Washington driver’s license and good driving record, able to lift up to 40 lbs and occasionally up to 80 pounds with or without an accommodation
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!
Media – Journalism – Newspaper
Posted Just posted