Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world’s largest publicly traded copper producers, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Please note: This position has the possibility to work remotely up to 100% of the time. The position will require occasional travel to the Phoenix corporate offices and/or site locations. This position may be performed anywhere in the U.S. except California, New Hampshire, Michigan, Illinois and New York. Additional states may be excluded from remote work based on business factors. Should the position shift to in-office work in the future, the company will offer relocation benefits at that time should the position meet the established eligibility for these benefits.
Serves as the Identity and Access Management (IAM) technical expert responsible for strategy, design and implementation of application and enterprise platforms within the Authentication and Identity lifecycle space. Analyzes current and emerging technologies and IAM/IGA solutions including custom, packaged and AI applications. Recommends upgrades/changes based on assessments of the organization’s current and future needs. Drives initiatives to transform IAM provisioning and lifecycle management, leveraging self-service and automation capabilities to enable a frictionless user experience. Collaborates effectively with Security governance and engineering colleagues as well as Application Development teams to design solutions, drive adoption and reduce risk. Leverages the organization’s IAM approach and integrated programs for role-based access control, single sign-on, multifactor authentication, account federation, identity lifecycle, birthright access, access certifications and group management.
- Drives collaboration and alignment with security, systems, and applications management and architects as the subject matter expert to analyze and design system solutions, create implementation plans, and develop support models for technology encompassing Identity and Access Management platforms and processes.
- Independently creates both short- and long-term enterprise IAM roadmaps, prioritizes and manages programs and projects with an understanding of the organizational strategic and security requirements, technology context and business needs.
- Define and review reports to ensure all identity and access management services are completed and successfully delivered. Proactively intervenes to correct problems when they are encountered and utilizes Metrics to improve processes.
- Assesses organization’s current and future technology needs. Sets direction and leads improvements of techniques, methodologies, and deliverables. Coordinates with other technology teams to minimize risk, ensure resiliency and secure the digital workplace.
- Works effectively with technology leadership, business customers, all technical teams, and outsourcing providers to ensure technology solutions are well-managed, regular maintenance tasks performed and all SOX compliance requirements are met.
- Defines ongoing strategies for continuous IAM program improvement.
- Acts as a role model and positive coach/mentor to develop team members in accordance with Freeport Edge behaviors and principles.
- Performs other duties as requested
- Associates Degree and at least ten (10) years of Business Systems or Information Technology experience, including six (6) years of recent, relevant IAM experience demonstrating business acumen to drive change at senior level OR
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least eight (8) years of Business Systems or Information Technology experience, including six (6) years of recent, relevant IAM experience demonstrating business acumen to drive change at senior level OR
- Master’s Degree and at least six (6) years of Business Systems or Information Technology experience, including six (6) years of recent, relevant IAM experience demonstrating business acumen to drive change at senior level.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge of modern identity management protocols and ability to be open to learn new ways of thinking (e.g., Zero Trust) and new technology
- Demonstratable knowledge of legacy and modern authentication protocol differences (such as RADIUS, SAML, Header-based, LDAP, FIDO2)
Strong verbal and written communications skills
Effective communicating with all levels in the organization
- Innovative thinking with demonstrated problem-solving skills, effective presentation, written and communication skills and proven hands-on contribution.
- Technical architecture experience integrating identity management, access management and access governance solutions.
- Subject matter expertise for Identity & Access Governance including role-based access control (RBAC), access request and certification.
- Experience with Identity Lifecycle Management including dynamic access and attestation processes, secure enrollment, privileged access management.
- Experience with Active Directory, SSO, Group Policy Objects, MFA, MIM, LDAP, PKI.
- Exposure to and some experience with Identity Security systems and technologies.
- Experience with Cloud Identity platforms such as Azure AD, OKTA, SailPoint, Saviynt.
- Experience securing SAP or other large ERP systems as well as application API security experience.
- Exposure and some experience with B2B identity management (Azure B2B is a plus.)
- Experience with securing cloud services, applications and integrations including Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Experience with Microsoft Windows IIS Server Security, Microsoft SQL Security, Snowflake, and Azure SQL Managed Instances.
- Experience with modern authentication protocols (i.e. OAuth, Open ID Connect, etc) and preferably on the Azure AD Identity platform.
- Identity, Technical, Application, or Security certifications are a plus.
- Location requires mobility in an office environment; each floor is accessible by elevator. Occasionally work will be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting.
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safey-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability