Giveth is a community focused on Building the Future of Giving using blockchain technology. Our intention is to support and reward the funding of public goods by creating open, transparent and free access to the revolutionary funding opportunities available within the Ethereum ecosystem. Our mission is to build a culture of giving that rewards and empowers those who give – to projects, to society, and to the world.
These funding mechanisms give donors the confidence needed to participate in philanthropic causes to achieve shared goals, including becoming self-sustainable while giving organizations that are caring for Public Goods the ability to cooperate with each other instead of competing for traditional funding. Giveth hopes to be the place where every organization that wants to support Public Goods is able to cooperate and coordinate.
Giveth’s Smart Contract Reputation
Giveth has a great reputation and a powerful legacy to uphold. Created in 2016 by the White Hat Group, rising like a phoenix out of the ashes of TheDAO. We created the Minime Token and Liquid Pledging, which have been adopted by many notable projects in the space. For instance, Aragon uses the Minime token for every Aragon DAO and Status used Liquid Pledging to build Assemble which they use for funding their projects https://assemble.fund/#/. In 2017, we rescued 210 million dollars from vulnerable parity multisigs at a Giveth all-hands meeting.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking an experienced Solidity Dev that has significantly contributed to the build and launch of a project. Ideally this developer is familiar with DeFi, DAOs and yield farming. We love passionate people and call in someone excited about the Blockchain4good space who wants to help us Build the Future of Giving. Further qualifications include understanding how to fork and adapt previously audited contracts from other projects to re-purpose them for our own use.
Tasks that need your help
(90%) Collaborate on development and implementation of Giveth Smart Contracts
- Work with project, product & dev team to execute agile project plans.
- Own Solidity development work – forking and adapting previously audited contracts from other projects for our own use.
- Sometimes owning sprint tasks that require other backend work beyond Solidity development.
- Participate in weekly Community Call (currently ~1 hour/week) & GIV Token Sprints (currently ~2 hours/week).
- During calls, provide updates on the GitHub issues you are owning and request support from the team when necessary – always be clear about your bandwidth and priorities.
- Participate in 1-on-1 and small group hack sessions to accomplish specific tasks throughout the sprint so we can complete our goals by the end of sprints.
- Review completed issues, mark them as ‘Done’ once all acceptance criteria have been met.
- Cultivate relationships of trust with our team, allies and collaborators.
(10%) Supporting the development of Giveth TRACE and the new giveth.io applications
- Use the Giveth DApps!
- Test the new features before the features go live.
- Give feedback to the team to help make the Dapps more user friendly.
- Be passionate, learn and share about Giveth, our projects and our allies too.
Build the Future of Giving
Ideally, you are someone who is focused, dedicated, fluent in English, with a track record of successfully developing and launching crypto projects remotely. We are dedicated to building systems that appreciate value creation in the care work and stewardship of Public Goods which is currently under appreciated. Giveth is the critical interface that allows the legacy world to connect to the blockchain revolution that can value this important work and make it regenerative.
If you want to glimpse a piece of this vision… Our Founder Griff Green’s talk at ETHCC in 2019 is the best overview. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ23oQpooG0
Originally posted on Himalayas
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://himalayas.app/companies/giveth/jobs/lead-solidity-developer→