MOBIA Technology Innovations
Full Job Description
Kubernetes Platform Engineer
Remote – Canada
MOBIA Technology Innovations is a Systems Integration company with multiple business unit areas: Broadband and Wireless Services, Managed Services, Infrastructure Solutions, Cybersecurity and Digital Transformation Services. Working with Service Providers, Government, Healthcare, and Enterprises across Canada, MOBIA has developed strategic business relationships with industry leading technology partners to help our customers achieve positive business outcomes.
We are growing and we have an exciting new opportunity for a Kubernetes Platform Engineer to join the MOBIA team. Location is flexible and dependent on finding a qualified candidate. If you are passionate, creative, entrepreneurial and believe in working hard and having fun, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Build and operate Kubernetes platforms to deliver highly available environments for MOBIA clients
- Apply SRE concepts to provide a highly available service leveraging automation to ensure the team and platform can scale to meet incoming demand while adhering to strict SLOs
- Review and refine cloud team practices and toolsets to drive improvement in the customer experience and success including suitability assessments, on-boarding processes, and support
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health
- Work with the cloud operations teams and application developer teams to ensure efficient service delivery and act as an escalation point for incidents
- Establish design patterns, architecture best practices and processes to facilitate delivery in alignment with the enterprise requirements
- Provide mentorship and training to other team members on technologies and processes, drive education and knowledge transfer of design patterns, technical practices, and relevant technologies and tools
- Drive high standards around incident response practices and policies
- Hands on experience with RedHat OpenShift Container Platform, Tanzu, Rancher, or other enterprise/Cloud Kubernetes platforms
- Experience with application development in containers leveraging API and CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Tekton, JFrog Artifactory, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in an operational role e.g., Linux Admin, DevOps Engineer, SRE, or Software Engineer where you supported your apps in production
- 3+ years of experience doing development in any of Java, NodeJS, .NET Core, Python languages
- 3+ years of experience with development, deployment, and support of applications with an active user base; managed through a change management process
- Experience with Kubernetes management, backup and recovery, and deployment tools (i.e., Kasten, Portworx, Argo, etc.)
- Automation experience using Terraform or Ansible, Bash/Shell scripting, or similar tools
- Experience with CLI tools such as Helm, Tiller, Kustomize for declarative management of Kubernetes objects.
- Source Code management (SCM) Tools such as Git/Subversion/Gerrit
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with platform observability and logging tools (i.e. Dynatrace, Datadog, AppDynamics, Grafana, Zabbix, ELK, Splunk, etc.)
- Familiarity with API Documentation tools such as Swagger, RAML is an asset
- Solid understanding of general networking principles and common protocols
- Experience with workflow management and incident management tools such as ServiceNow, PagerDuty, etc.
- Experience with Agile Tools such as Gliffy, LucidChart, Mural
MOBIA strives to build an amazing workplace and was recognized as one of “Canada’s Best Managed Companies” in 2021.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including an employer supported wellness plan, health, dental and life insurance coverage, company paid training, career development, and company events for fun and community contributions.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
MOBIA continuously strives to build an amazing place to work. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including an employer supported wellness plan, health, dental and life insurance coverage, as well as company paid training, career development, and company events for fun and community contribution. Interested applicants may email their application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.