Fall River Public Schools
$50,000 – $60,000 a year
Full Job Description
The Superintendent of Schools announces the following position within the Fall River Public School System:
Position: Helpdesk Coordinator
Job Description: Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems, and determines and implements decisions.
- Provide Technical Assistance for queries or issues related to computer systems, software and hardware.
- Respond to “tickets” in either person or via phone.
- Issue technical bulletins to inform users of system changes or outages.
- Assist Network operations and support staff where appropriate.
- Maintain daily performance of Helpdesk ticketing software and systems.
- Resolve Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical issues.
- Act as the point of contact for all incoming calls to the District Helpdesk and route calls to other technicians as necessary.
- Provide software training on GSUITE and INCIDENT IQ when required for end user support.
- Follow up with staff to ensure the issue has been resolved.
- Assist all other departments within Technology Services as needed.
- Display ethical and professional behavior when working with students, staff, parents and all school personnel, outside vendors, and agencies.
- Oversee creation of student run help desk locations in other school buildings.
- BA/BS, course work in Computer Science or related field.
- 4-5 Years, experience in providing technical support in a complex Information Technology (IT) setting similar to the FRPS IT environment.
- Industry standard certification preferred.
- Have in depth knowledge of GSUITE and PC and Chromebook devices.
- Ability to accept feedback and direction to improve service and operations.
- Ability to manage and direct personnel to perform network service and maintenance tasks.
- Ability to manage workload and delegate tasks to be completed in a timely fashion.
- Ability to mediate and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to communicate with users of all proficiency levels.
The Superintendent of Schools reserves the right to waive a position qualification or determine that there is an acceptable alternative to that qualification. If the Superintendent intends to waive a qualification, such intent will be shared with the Fall River School Committee.
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
Terms of Employment: Salary and benefits to be negotiated. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be established within an individual contract.
Closing Date for Applications: Until filled
The Fall River Public Schools offers all programs, activities, and employment opportunities without regard to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability.