Full Job Description
- Provide level support, using technical and analytical skills, facilitate new installations, implementations, maintenance, education, and author documentation in support of the environment.
- Business and technical communication skills are important for interfacing with team, both at the engineer and management level. Working in a close-knit team environment, as well as organizational ability for multi-tasking and flexibility
- Occasional travel to customer sites in the US is required as needed.
- Ensures management of expectations and resolution of technical issues in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting skills on all supported technologies and technical knowledge in industry standard based technologies
- 3-5 years of relevant TCP/IP networking and Internet Security technology experience.
- Experience with firewall, proxy and VPN products in infrastructure and cloud.
- Linux/Unix and Windows knowledge.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting VPN technologies.
- Experience with TCP/IP and common TCP/UDP protocols at the packet level. Network experience with Windows, UNIX and/or LINUX based Operating Systems.
- Working knowledge of DNS, DHCP , VRRP/HSRP, VoIP (H.323, SIP, MGCP) and working knowledge of routing protocols such as OSPF & BGP.
- Experience providing support and resolving issues
Vendor Specific Skills (one or more of the following)
- Experience with Check Point Firewalls
- Experience with Pulse Secure VPN
- Experience with Zscaler ZPA
- Experience with proxy solutions
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred
Nine or more years of experience in network, host, data and/or application security in multiple operating system environments
Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access-lists
Experience working with internet, web, application and network security techniques
Experience working with relevant operating system security (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.)
Experience working with leading firewall, network scanning and intrusion detection products and authentication technologies
Experience working with federal regulations related to information security (FISMA, Computer security Act, etc.)
Experience working with NIST Special Publications and C & A process methodology
Possess security certifications (CISSP, CCNA, etc) and/or top secret security clearance
Good communication skills
Strong analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve network/operating system security issues
Ability to perform and interpret vulnerability assessments
Ability to administer the operations of a security infrastructure
Ability to balance and prioritize work
All USA locations will be considered including remote.
Posted Just posted