Full Job Description
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We’re invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It’s our challenge as human beings, too. That’s why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Jacobs is looking for a Cloud/Ops Platform Engineer III to support its federal client program in Crystal City, VA. This position is a hybrid role, 2 days onsite, 3 days remote.
- Work with a team supporting an AWS Cloud Development Environment including maintaining a Cross Domain Solution.
- Technologies that will be supported: Windows Desktops (in the cloud), Citrix environment, Linux VMs, Exchange Servers, Confluence Suite, network security devices and network devices.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 7 years of experience with at least 1 of the 3 major cloud service providers (Amazon, Microsoft, or Google), performing significant research and development efforts or managing programs requiring comprehensive and innovative technical solutions.
- The individual shall clearly demonstrate awareness of and sensitivity toward the trends, technologies, constraints, and priorities regarding current and projected strategies.
- Experience in leadership positions, such as direction of significant research and development efforts, or managing programs requiring comprehensive and innovative technical solutions; and a proven record of having successfully effected applicable technology transfer is imperative
- AWS Certifications
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is required during core business hours. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in the English language. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Posted Just posted