Full Job Description
TEGNA is seeking a Business Continuity Manager to support TEGNA’s Safety & Security division. This is a new position reporting to the Head of Safety & Security.
The Business Continuity Project Manager will provide security advisory and training to the TEGNA team nationwide and will develop and execute tailored risk mitigation strategies for the company. This position will have daily oversight of all TEGNA Disaster Contingency Plans. These duties will include working within several segments of the company including the television stations, IT Infrastructure and Cybersecurity. This individual will be responsible for the constant updating and testing of these plans on a regular basis. This position will also work with the Head of Safety and Security to act as a liaison with company selected security companies as well.
- Project manages the Disaster Contingency Plans for all areas of the organization.
- Interacts daily with senior management to share updates and keep abreast of project objectives.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to identify the approach, deliverables, schedule for testing Disaster Contingency plans.
- Responsible for the accurate financial management of projects to which they’re assigned.
- Conducts regular tabletop exercises to pressure test the plans.
- Acts as a business point-of-contact for all day-to-day project related issues.
- Works closely with the Head of Safety & Security on day to day and strategic plans.
- Directs the implementation of security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures including emergency life/safety, incident management and business continuity plans; develops, tests, and implements the corporate emergency response plan to prepare and respond to all forms of threats against the company and staff.
- Influences industry security standards, legislation, government programs through participation in professional associations.
- Monitors compliance with existing, revised, and new safety and security requirements, recommending or implementing the best practices when appropriate.
- Ensures that regular drills for fire, active shooter, emergency disasters and evacuation drills are conducted to guarantee preparedness.
- Reviews safety and security programs. Directs the timely preparation of periodic statistical reports which accurately reflect the effectiveness of safety programs and services. Implements corrective actions for those areas that are not in line with benchmarks.
- Reviews construction plans and provides recommendations regarding fire, safety and security functional areas and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years hands-on experience in disaster recovery, business continuity, and/or crisis management
- Project Manager experience
- Ability to develop and refine ideas and proposals for implementing and improving the business continuity and disaster recovery program
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/workstreams at once
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Experience developing cross-functional/peer relationships, building team consensus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven leadership and organizational skills with a practical, operational sense
- Proven ability to partner effectively across functions, with an exposure to complex organizations and the ability to gain shared vision on product decisions and priority trade-offs
- Experience facilitating group discussions, training/awareness meetings and exercise scenarios
- Experience working with Security organizations
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!
Media – Journalism – Newspaper