Full Job Description
The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We are recruiting for an Automation Engineer to join our Information Technology team. The Automation Engineer will be responsible for Test Automation. As Automation Engineer, you will create and maintain test automation framework, and frequently collaborate with the functional testing team to create test automation scripts. In this role, you will use your strong collaboration to coordinate with IT Operations team to inject the test automation in the CI/CD pipeline. You will execute automated test cases on-demand. As Automation Engineer, you will use your strong test automation experience to speed up the release testing cycles while ensure high quality. This is an exciting opportunity to your collaborative communication style, excellent software skills and your in-depth experience of QA testing to ensure client satisfaction within QA.
About Your Day
- Conduct proof-of-concept for Test Automation Candidates
- Create or maintain Test Automation Framework and Test Automation Scripts
- Perform dry-run tests to ensure scripts are working for the appropriate test environments
- Generate Test Data for Test Automation Scripts
- Mock responses from external systems on as-needed basis
- Review Test Automation Scripts with Functional Testing team to ensure accuracy
- Execute Test Automation Scripts and report defects or issues to project team
- Generate progress report for Test Automation Initiative to stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Manual and Automation Testing with 3+ Years of Experience in Automation Testing with Selenium Java & TestNG
- Expertise using Eclipse with Maven, WebDrive and TestNG framework with Java Programming language, GitHub and Jira
- Experience in automating complex systems where more than 2 applications are involved
- Experience in creating utilities i.e. XML parsing to read and validate the data
- Experience with implementing both Traditional and Page Object Model Test Automation Frameworks using Selenium
- Experience with developing End to End automation scripts with Selenium and DevTest to cover front end validation and the middleware validations
- Experience using CI/CD pipeline to run automation scripts
- Experience in understanding the business requirements, identifying the scenarios, developing detailed Test scenarios / Test cases and Test Execution for the complete project lifecycle
- Good experience on Automation Frameworks (Keyword, Data driven)
- Dynamics 365 FO functional knowledge and experience with automating the Dynamics 365 Functionality with Selenium & TestNG will be an asset
- Experience in providing estimations for script development and execution
- Have good experience in Mobile Testing using tools like Appium for Android platform
- Fix X-Paths and run the regression suite for every deployment
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. When the office reopens, you will be required to be in the office 1-2 days each week, with the ability to work from home for the remaining workdays (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance).
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications and collaboration tools (i.e., MS Teams).
About the Job
City: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Contract for One Year
Required Travel: Rare, usually within the GTA
Application Deadline: May 20, 2022 11:59 PM
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.